Swim Meet 101
Helpful information for meet days
What should I bring to the meet?
- GOGGLES-an extra pair for emergencies is a good idea too
- Swim Cap
- Heat Sheet/Entry Sheet (these will not be available at meet)
- Sharpie to mark your swimmer
- Snacks and drinks (most teams will have concessions available)
- Entertainment (cards, coloring items etc.)
What is a heat/entry sheet?
- Heat Sheet- This shows all of the events in order that they will occur, and which swimmers are swimming in which events/heats.
- Entry Sheet- This list is alphabetical by swimmer and is the easiest way to see quickly which events your swimmer is in.
What do I do upon arrival and during meet?
- Set up your area, for home meets we have a lot of covered areas a tent may not be necessary but for away meets you will need one. We suggest sharing with families if you are able.
- Swimmers check in- get ready for warm ups
- Volunteers check in
- Locate ready bench, show your swimmer where ready bench
- Listen for event announcements to ensure swimmer is at ready bench on time and the meet runs smoothly.
How to mark your swimmer
- Right Shoulder
- Line 1- Last name, first initial (Smith, J)
- Line 2- BSB
- Make three columns containing your swimmers event, heat, lane (photo example provided)
- If you have a younger swimmer you may want to write which stroke they are swimming as well
Simple formatted text